Computer Science and Engineering designates the scientific and mathematical approach in information technology and computing. Its subfields can be divided into practical techniques for its implementation and application in computer systems and purely theoretical areas. Some, such as computational complexity theory, which studies fundamental properties of computational problems, are highly abstract, while others, such as computer graphics, emphasize real-world applications. Still others focus on the challenges in implementing computations. The Department is headed by Mrs. Shubha Jain, with the team having blend of young and experienced faculty members.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering came into its existence right from the inception of the Institute in the year 2004. The first batch was started with an intake of 60 students which has now been enhanced to 180 students by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India from the session 2011-2012.
The department has faculty members with M.Tech Degrees and perusing Ph.D from reputed institutes in India.. Our graduates are well placed through on-campus and off-campus placement and are holding responsible positions in Industries and Research organizations Viz. Microsoft, oracle, HSL, Infosys, TCS, Aricent Accenture, ST Microelectronics, Girnar Technologies, Amazon, Newzen, Wipro, Airforce, etc. The campus placement has been nearly 100% for pre final and final years with reputed industries. Accordingly more facilities and expertise are being developed in the areas programming languages and complex systems, and human-computer interaction focuses on the challenges in making computers and computations useful, usable, and universally accessible to humans.
Membership: Computer Society of India (CSI) Affiliations: UPTU, Lucknow and AICTE, New Delhi Accreditation: National Board of Accreditation (NBA) Courses offered by the Department: B.Tech CSE and M.Tech CSE
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering presently has 18 labs all centrally air-conditioned, with the capacity of 540 students. In addition to this, a Centre computing facility can cater the need of 70 students and a training lab in the department can support the training of 90 students. There are 700 systems (Core 2 Duo/ Dual Core/ P4 Configuration),2 IMacs,50 Printers, LCD Projectors, HP Scanners, 1 network printer, Digital Camera, Router connected to the network through 8 servers and 1 hardware firewall. The department is taking care of the Wi-Fi campus network with about 700 nodes in the academic building covering Computer Centre, Laboratories, and Administrative office, Library, Faculty Rooms, Reception and Hostel.
24 Hours internet Facilities are available in Hostel as well as in Computer Centre. We have internet connection of one 15 Mbps of AIRCEL with Both RF-Connectivity. Our future target is to achieve the computing facility which will include the state of art computer lab cum digital classroom and Online Library.
The Information Technology is defined as "the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware." IT deals with the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect process, transmit, and securely retrieve information.
Department of Information Technology was established in 2007 woith a mission to provide comprehensive knowledge of computer science with emphasis on applications together with a judicious blend of technical skills.
B.Tech in Information Technology – 4 Years Course (eight semesters) It Follows the Course structure of Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU). Seats Intake – 60
|Mr. Praveen Kr. Tripathiprt@kit.ac.in||Assistant Professor||Head of Department||Ph.D(P), M.Tech.|
1. Shubha Jain, Praveen Kumar Tripathi, Raghuraj Singh, “MERGING OF OBJECT-ORIENTED PARADIGM AND THE SOFTWARE PRODUCT MEASUREMENT PROCESS: AN OVERVIEW” , International Journal of Information Technology and Knowledge Management, July-December 2011, Volume 4, No. 2, pp. 613-621
2. Shubha Jain, Praveen Kumar Tripathi , Rahul Sing, “Discussion of Ad-Hoc on Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing Protocol For Mobile Hosts”, Proceedings of the 4th National Conference; INDIACom-2010 Computing For Nation Development, February 25 – 26, 2010 , Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management, New Delhi
3. Robin Singh, Praveen Kumar Tripathi, “Evaluation of TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) and UDP (User Datagram Protocol) over AODV Routing Protocols” , International Journal of Modern Sciences and Engineering Technology (IJMSET) ISSN 2349-3755; Volume 2, Issue 2, 2015, pp.10-16, https://www.ijmset.com
4. Robin Singh, Praveen Kumar Tripathi, Rahul Singh, “A Survey on TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) and UDP (User Datagram Protocol) over AODV Routing Protocol”, International Journal of Research (IJR) Vol-1, Issue-7, August 2014 ISSN 2348-6848
5. Sonal Nigam, Praveen Kumar Tripathi, Dr. Vibhash Yadav, “Image Fringe Steganography”, International Journal of Engineering Innovation & Research, Volume 4, Issue 6, ISSN: 2277 – 5668
6.Abhijeet , Praveen Kumar Tripathi, “IMPLEMENTATION OF PUBLIC KEY CRYPTOGRAPHY IN KERBEROS WITH PREVENTION OF SECURITY ATTACKS”
|Mr. Rahul Singh email@example.com||Assistant Professor||Faculty In-Charge AICTE Works,
Executive Committee Member CSI, Kanpur Chapter"
|B.Tech (CSE), M.Tech (IT), Ph.D(P)|
1. Shubha Jain, Praveen Kumar Tripathi , Rahul Sing, “Discussion of Ad-Hoc on Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing Protocol For Mobile Hosts”, Proceedings of the 4th National Conference; INDIACom-2010 Computing For Nation Development, February 25 – 26, 2010 , Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management, New Delhi
2. Robin Singh, Praveen Kumar Tripathi, Rahul Singh, “A Survey on TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) and UDP (User Datagram Protocol) over AODV Routing Protocol”, International Journal of Research (IJR) Vol-1, Issue-7, August 2014 ISSN 2348-6848
3. Quantum Mechanics Based Data Classification
4. An Improved Approach For Image Compression During Transmission
|Mr. Gaurav Dixit firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||Faculty In charge Prospectus||M.Tech(P), B.Tech.|
|Mr. Sunil Awasthi email@example.com||Assistant Professor||Faculty In Charge Internal Branding||M.Tech (CS), Ph.D(P)|
|Mr. Vivek Agarwal firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||Faculty In-charge KIT Alumni Association, Dept Library Incharge, Cybersrishti||B.Tech|
|Ms. Anshika Shukla email@example.com||Assistant Professor||Faculty I/C Industrial Tour
& College website
|M.Tech. (IT), B.Tech.|
1.Published book “ OPERATING SYSTEMS” for AKTU university
2. Published book “OPERATING SYSTEMS” for Punjab Technical University
3. Published book “MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS” for AKTU university
|Mr. Pronab Adhikari firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||B.Tech.|
1. Pronab Kumar Adhikari, “ETHICAL HACKING: AN EFFECTIVE APPROACH PREVENTING HACKING FROM MALICIOUS HACKERS”, International Journal of Research Fellow for Engineering Volume 4, Issue 11
2. Farah Shan Khan, Dr. M K Sharma, Mr. Pronab Kr. Adhikari, “WEB MINING TECHNIQUES FOR RECOMMENDATION AND PERSONALIZATION IN SOCIAL WORLD”, International Journal of Research Fellow for Engineering Volume 4, Issue 11
|Ms. Farah Shan email@example.com||Assistant Professor||ACOE||M.Tech.(IT)|
|Mr. Vimal Kumar Awasthi firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||B.Tech(CS), M.Tech(CS)|
1. Mr. Vimal Kumar Awasthi,Mr. Vivek Srivastava, ”REPRESENTATION OF SOFTWARE MODULES THROUGH WEIGHTED CONTROL FLOW GRAPH”, International Journal of Research Fellow for Engineering Volume 4, Issue 11.
2. Mr. Vimal Kumar Awasthi,Mr. Saket Kumar Singh,” QUANTUM MECHANICS BASED DATA CLASSIFICATION”, International Journal of Research Fellow for Engineering Volume 4, Issue 11.
3. Mr. Vimal Kumar Awasthi, Mr. Saket Kumar Singh, Mr. Rahul Singh,”QUANTUM CRYPTOGRAPHY: AN IMPROVED TECHNIQUE FOR INFORMATION SECURITY”, International Journal of Research Fellow for Engineering Volume 4, Issue 11.
4. National Paper on “Hiding the secrete message in image using cryptography and steganography” in National Symposium “Framework of Future Technologies and Management Practices for Substainable developement” at RIET, Kanpur.
5. Journal “The CODA file system” in International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research - (ISSN 2229-5518) and paper id - I069247.
|Mr. Rahul Gupta email@example.com||Assistant Professor||B.TECH(CS), M.TECH(CS)|
“Study of Test Case Prioritization Technique Using APFD” International Journal of Computers & Technology (IJCT) Volume 10 No.3.
|Hina Ranglani firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||B.Tech.|
|Shailja Gupta email@example.com||Assistant Professor||M.Tech (CSE)|
|Anjali Kumari firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||M.Tech(Network & Internet Engg.)|
|Durgesh Tripathi email@example.com||Assistant Professor||B.TECH(CS), M.TECH(CS)|