One of the founding departments of KIT Kanpur, The Department of Mechanical Engineering played a leading role in rolling out the mechanical engineers from the institute. Department of Mechanical Engineering centres on the principle of maintaining a high standard of mechanical engineering education through outstanding teaching, innovating curricula, and research training that reflect the changing needs of society.
The department of mechanical engineering is headed by Mr. A.S. Verma. The department has faculty strength of 09. Faculty members of the department are also occupants of different chairs of the institute which include Dean Academics Chair and Transport Coordinator. Department has a technical staff of 05 who are associated with 12 different laboratories.
The department offers separate undergraduate 4 year degree course and 2 year regular postgraduate degree program in mechanical engineering.
Undergraduate Programme: (4 years-8 semesters):
B.TECH II Year (Lateral Entry)–12 (3 Year)
Postgraduate Programmes: (24 months-4 semesters):
The department has well equipped laboratories with most modern infrastructure to cater to the present day need of the industries. The department is very well equipped with computational facilities and resources both in terms of hardware and software. Some of the laboratories with their major facilities are:
|CAD / CAM Lab||Computer Aided Graphics Lab||Engineering Mechanics|
|Hydraulics Lab||IC Engine And Automobile Lab||Machine Design Lab|
|Machine Drawing Lab||Manufacturing Science Lab||Material Science and Testing Lab|
|Measurement Lab||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab||workshop|
|Mr. A.S.Verma email@example.com||Associate Professor||Head of Department||M.Tech.,Ph.D (P)|
- Ashutosh Kumar Verma,Anand Swaroop Verma , Ankur Dwivedi, Convection Heat Transfer within Enclosures – An Analysis Review, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395 -0056 Volume: 03 Issue: 12 , Dec -2016 www.irjet.net p-ISSN: 2395-0072.
- Shailendra Kumar Yadav, Anand Swaroop Verma, Vikas Gupta , Role of Coating in Improving High Temperature Oxidation of Steel , International Journal of Engineering Research and Development e-ISSN: 2278-067X, p-ISSN: 2278-800X, www.ijerd.com Volume 11, Issue 08 (August 2015), PP.06-12.
- Ritika Rana ,Anand Swaroop Verma, ERROR ESTIMATION OF SOLIDIFICATION PROCESS FOR INSIDE CYLINDRICAL VESSELS ,IJATER,ISSN No: 2250-3536 Volume 5, Issue 1, Jan. 2015. www.ijater.com.
- Anand Swaroop Verma , Air path Modeling Of Turbochrged Diesel Engine In Transient Operation and Investigation ,IJATER,ISSN No: 2250-3536 Volume 3, Issue 1, Jan. 2013. www.ijater.com.
- Anand Swaroop Verma ,Jaiprakash Dwevedi , Parameterisation for Mean-Value Turbocharger Diesel Engine Models, IJARS/ Vol. I/ Issue III/Dec, 2012/266. www.ijars.in.
- Anand Swaroop Verma, Exhaust Emissions of Turbocharged Diesel Engine and Its After Treatment-A Survey, , IJARS/ Vol. II/ Issue I/Jan, 2013/286, www.ijars.in.
- Sugandha Agnihotri , Anand Swaroop Verma Performance Analysis of 2-Stroke Compressed Ignition Engine by Using Compressed Air,International journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology (IJMET) Volo-8 issue-1/2017 January ISSN No -0976-6340
- Abhishek Nigam , Anand Swaroop Verma ,Smitha Dwivedi AN OPTIMIZATION OF PROCESS PARAMETERS: TO MINIMIZE THE CASTING DEFECTS OF MILD STEEL PRODUCT IN GREEN SAND CASTING PROCESS BY USING ORTHOGONAL ARRAY AND TAGUCHI METHOD , International Journal for Science and Research in Technology (IJSART) Volume 3 Issue 2 –Feb 2017
- Abhishek Nigam , Anand Swaroop Verma ,Ashutosh Nigam AN OPTIMIZATION OF VARIOUS HEAT TREATMENT PROCESS PARAMETERS:TO IMPROVE THE SURFACE HARDNESS OF MILD STEEL PRODUCT BY TAGUCHI METHOD AND ANOVA TECHNIQUES , International Journal for Science and Research in Technology (IJSART) Volume 3 Issue 5 –May 2017
- Ramji Tripathi, A S Verma , PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF DESICCANT DEHUMIDIFIER WITH DIFFERENT LOADING CONDITION , International Journal of Research In Science & Engineering e-ISSN: 2394-8299 Volume: 3 Issue: 3 May-June 2017 p-ISSN: 2394-8280
- RamJi Tripathi, A S Verma , Fabrication and Analysis of Evaporative Desiccant Dehumdifier System, International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development Volume 4, Issue 5, May-2017
- A.S Verma , Devendra Singh Chauhan , Avdesh Dixit , Optimize Process Parameters for Comparative Study of MRR on Turning using HSS and Carbide Tool using Taguchi and ANOVA , IJARIIE-ISSN(O)-2395-4396 , Vol-3 Issue-3 2017.
- Devendra Singh Chauhan, A. S Verma, Avdesh Dixit , Optimization of Dry Turning Process Parameters using Taguchi and ANOVA Technique for MRR of EN8 Steel , International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET), www.ijraset.com Volume 5 Issue V, May 2017 IC Value: 45.98 ISSN: 2321-9653
- Arora Gurmeet Singh, Verma A. S., Srivastava Nitin., Experimental Investigation of Mechanical Properties of Luffa-Epoxy Composite International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovations in Technology, Volume3, Issue4 , ISSN: 2454-132X, © 2017, www.IJARIIT.com.
- Arora Gurmeet Singh, Verma A. S., Srivastava Nitin., Flame Retardant Luffa Fiber Reinforced Composites with Epoxy Resin Matrices International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovations in Technology. Ideas and Innovations in Technology, Volume3, Issue4 , ISSN: 2454-132X, © 2017, www.IJARIIT.com
- Samir Saraswati,Anand Swaroop Verma,Pawan Singotia,Approximation of Turbocharer Characterstics Using pruned Artificial Neural Network.Amity University,Gurgaon,Haryana,2011
|Mr. Amit Kumar Chaurasiya firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.(ME)|
|Mr. Dhananjay Singh||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.(ME)|
|Mr jafar husain||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.(ME)|
- Enhancement of Heat Transfer in Heat Pipes Using TiO₂/Benzene Based Nano-coolants, 2016 7th international conference on intelligent systems, Modelling and Simulation.
- Enhancement of Heat Transfer in Heat Pipes Using Al₂O₃/Benzene Based Nano-coolants, international journal of research and scientific innovation (IJRSI), july 2017 / ISSN 2321- 2705
|Mr. Subhankur Dutta email@example.com||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.(ME)|
- S.Dutta,A.K.Dutta(2016), “A Review on the experimental study of Overall Equipment Effectiveness of various machines and its improvement strategies through TPM implementation.” IJETT-Vol 36 Number 5-June 2016.
- S.Dutta(2017), “A Study of Waste Heat Recovery Boiler Operation and Maintenance of CCU at Refinery Campus.” IJETMAS-Volume 5, Issue 5, ISSN 2349-4476, May 2017.
- S. Dutta, “A study of Waste Heat Recovery Boiler Operation and Maintenance of CCU at Refinery campus.” In the proceeding of International Conference on New Frontiers of Engineering, Science, Management and Humanities (ICNFESHM-2017), (NITTTR)National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research,Chandigarh,India(MHRD,Govt. of India), ISBN: 978-81-934083-0-8, 21st May 2017.
- S. Dutta, A.K. Dutta, “The improvement of Overall Equipment Effectiveness of machines using TPM study in a small scale industry (A case study on Milling Machine and Chasing Machine used in a CTC roller sharpening industry).” In the Proceeding 1 of International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering, Science, Technology and Management (ICRTESTM-2017), pp.13-24, April 24, 2017, Seventh Sense Research Group (SSRG), Swami Vivekananda Institute of Technology, Telangana, India.
|Mr. Rajnish Sagar firstname.lastname@example.org||Assistant Professor||Faculty Cordinator “Samaj Kalyan Scholarship & Faculty I/C YANTRIKIAN SOCIETY/td>||B.Tech, M.Tech. (pursuing)|
|Mr. Subhashit Yadavsuy@kit.ac.in||Assistant Professor||Assistant Controller of Examinations||B.Tech., M.Tech. (pursuing)|
|Mr. Pankaj Tripathipat@kit.ac.in||Assistant Professor||Faculty Incharge Laboratories||B.Tech., M.Tech.(ME)|
|Mr. Om Prakash Tiwary email@example.com||Assistant Professor||.||M.Tech.(ME) (P)|
DEPARTMENTAL SOCIETY OF MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT
“YANTRIKIANS” the society of Department Of Mechanical Engineering The Convener is Mr. A.S. Verma - HOD ME Department.
The society encourages the conduction of a variety of student activities reflecting student interests and individual or group accomplishments of learning outcomes determined by the college. The society runs various Cultural, Social Service and Sports based activities for the students throughout the year