Proctorial Board is committed to ensure that the discipline amoung the students in the institute is maintained. It has separate ANTIRAGGING COMMITTEE.
Institute Regulation On Curbing The Menace Of Ragging (2010-11)
Ragging is a criminal offence as per the Supreme Court verdict. Ragging in all its forms, within or outside the institute/campus is totally banned.
"Ragging" Means the following:
Any disorderly conduct whether by the words spoken or written or by an act which haws the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudness any other student, indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension there of in a freasher or a junior student or asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of fresher or a junior student.
Punishable ingredients of Ragging
- Abetment to Ragging
- Criminal conspiracy to rag
- Unlawful assembly and rioting while ragging
- Public nuisance created during ragging
- Violation of decency and moral through ragging
- Injury to body, causing hurt or grievous hurt
- Wrongful Confinement
- Use of criminal force.
- Assault as well as sexual offences or even unnatural offences
- Criminal trespass
- Offences against property
- Criminal Intimidation
- All other offences following from the definition of "Ragging"
- Attempts to commit any or all of the above mentioned offences against the victim(s).
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institute, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the Institute level shall be any or any combination of the following:
- Cancellation of Admission
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/Withdrawing Scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institute in any regional, national or international meets, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the Institute for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institute and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institute. Fine of Rs. 25,000/-
- Lodging of FIR
- Display the names and punishment awarded to perpetrators of ragging on the notice boards.
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the Institute shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
In the case of any ragging incidences, the student may immediately call. 09415932494 or dial 231 with any intercom available at various places inside the premises or email firstname.lastname@example.org